Welcome to the Student Disability Center
The University of California, Davis, is committed to ensuring equal educational opportunities for students with disabilities. An integral part of that commitment is the coordination of specialized academic support services through the Student Disability Center (SDC).
The philosophy of the SDC is to promote independence and integrated participation in campus life for students with disabilities. The SDC is staffed by professional Disability Specialists who specialize in different areas of disability: learning, vision, hearing, medical, psychological, and mobility. These professionals each work with an assigned caseload of students, determining their eligibility for academic accommodations and ensuring the provision of accommodations necessary to allow the students to participate meaningfully in educational opportunities on campus.
The SDC staff are available to answer questions that prospective students may have about services for students with disabilities on campus. The SDC staff also provide information to faculty on working with students with disabilities.
The SDC is a department within the Division of Student Affairs and is located at 54 Cowell Building. Please call (530) 752-3184 or stop by if you have any questions.
Serving Students with Disabilities
- Applicant FAQs
- Orientation at UC Davis
- Determining Eligibility
- Reasonable Accommodations Process
- Incoming and Transfer Students
- Information for Faculty
- SDC Services
- SDC Policies
- SDC Forms
- Guide to Communication Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Resource Guide for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Resource Guide for Students with Psychological Disabilities
- Campus and Community Resources
- Disability Issues Administrative Advisory Committee (DIACC)
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Contact Us